RoomSketcher at NASDAQ
Last week, RoomSketcher was part of the prestigious Nordic-to-Global Initiative that traveled to New York and Boston to meet leading US Venture Capital firms, and to experience the start-up and tech scene both cities have to offer.
The delegation included eight exciting Nordic start-ups, most with products within the internet & media space. All companies are either already active or just starting activities in the US, and were selected using strict criteria to ensure that these were the very best companies to represent the vibrant Nordic start-up scene. The delegation also included a number of leading Nordic private and public investors in early stage companies.
The Nordic-to-Global Initiative, co-ordinated by Nordic Innovation (www.nordicinnovation.org), aimes at providing a fast track to internationalization to Nordic innovative companies by offering support, relations and insights. Hans Christian Bjørne, delegation leader, says “The Nordic region has a vibrant startup scene and is considered one of the world’s most innovative regions. The Nordic region is at the top of innovation and entrepreneurship indexes and the countries combined make up the 11th largest economy of the world. The Initiative brings some of the most promising and scaleable Nordic startup ICT companies to the world’s largest market, with US investors sharing valuable insights on entering the US market.”
The program was fast-paced and included a visit at NASDAQ for an opening-bell ceremony, a pit stop at both Harvard Business School and MIT, plus several pitching sessions with partners at successful Venture Capital firms, as well as angel investors.
Trine Bretteville, Chief Marketing and Sales Officer at RoomSketcher commented, “This has been an incredibly exciting week. We’ve been pitching to some of the leading venture capital firms on the East Coast and it’s interesting to learn how they rank and value investments in international companies, and at what stage they go in. I think people often forget that the investor also has a problem that needs to be solved – how to find the right company for their portfolio. This week has really solidified RoomSketcher’s opinion that our company vision – home visualization for everyone – is both an apt and attractive vision across the globe.”
The other participating Nordic start-ups represented an interesting mix of internet and media solutions, all with a high potential for success. RoomSketcher, of course, wishes them the best of luck. Read more about them here:
- Bmenu from Norway brings businesses into the mobile era, instantly
- Cloudme from Sweden is the only European sync/storage provider able to bridge Android and iOS devices and at the same time compete with Dropbox/Sugarsync in user experience
- GreenQloud from Iceland is the world’s first truly green cloud provider that provides public and private cloud infrastructure from Iceland and Seattle running exclusively on renewable energy.
- Netrounds from Sweden is Saas-ifying the network industry and has created the most usable toolbox for network engineers.
- Realeyes measures facial expressions of millions of people online to help brands build a stronger emotional connection with their consumers.
- Videntifier from Iceland has developed a large scale video and image identification technology.
- Vividworks from Finland bring 3D design-to-purchase platform with Augmented Reality interface which allows you to build and see visually any furniture product or interior design within seconds.