New RoomSketcher – Custom Paint Color, Sloped Ceilings and More…
At RoomSketcher, we’ve been hard at work this fall adding some of the top requested features and we are happy to release them as of today. Some of our favorites:
- Custom paint colors for walls, floor, and ceiling.
- Sloping ceilings for projects where the ceilings are not parallel to the floor.
- Best fit to automatically size items to the best fit for an available space.
Custom Paint Colors
Those of you who love color and picking just the right shade will love this feature. Now you can define exact paint colors to use on walls, ceilings, and even the floor. Pull out your color wheel and have fun!
> Try it now:
- In Walls mode, either click inside a room (to paint the entire room) or click a single wall (to paint just that wall) and click Properties.
- On the Zone tab (or Walls tab if you are painting a single wall), open Wall Material and type in the Hex code for your custom color. Stay tuned for our Help Video on this feature.
Are you working on a project with sloped ceilings? Now you can set them up in RoomSketcher using Ceiling Heights.
> Try it now:
- In Walls mode, click on a wall and click Properties.
- In the Advanced area, check out the Ceiling Heights. Set two ceiling heights higher, and two on another wall lower, and the ceiling will automatically slope between the two sets of heights. Stay tuned for our Help Video on this feature.
The sloping ceiling feature is currently available to Enterprise Floor Plans, Advantage Floor Plans and when you create your own Floor Plans.
Work Faster With “Best Fit”
Want to place an item into a certain space? Let RoomSketcher do the measuring for you! RoomSketcher can determine the size of a cabinet to fit between a stove unit and a sink, the width of a stairway between two walls, or the size of a dresser to fit between a bed and the wall. Check out our Help Video to see this feature in action:
Also, check out the RoomSketcher YouTube Channel where we are adding videos regularly.
Enjoy creating colorful new projects with this release! We’d love to hear what you think about the new features – please feel free to share your thoughts (and even tell us about your latest RoomSketcher project) in the Comments section of this blog post.